If you do a quick Google search for “iPhone app developers UK”, you’ll find quite a few companies and freelancers offering their services. Unfortunately, there are too many amateur developers who don’t provide a good service. So, if you want to hire the right people and develop a top quality app, you need to know some DOs and DON’Ts of finding great app developers.
– Hire local developers. If you are based in London, then it’s best to look for mobile app developers, London.
– Ask for work samples. A reputable app developer will have a strong portfolio and several apps on the App Store. Check how well their apps are doing. If the developer of your choice has apps with more than a million downloads (like our TrafficVille 3D), then you can be sure about the quality.
– Check the developer’s credibility. Do you draft and sign a contract? Is the developer a member of any professional associations? Does the developer have solid technical and programming background? These are the questions you absolutely need to ask.
– Look for the cheapest Chinese mobile developer. 90% of people who got involved with Chinese freelancers had a terrible experience, and lost time and money.
– Hire unknown developers for large projects. If you do want to hire a freelancer, give him or her a small job first that is worth no more than £100. Otherwise you are risking losing a lot of money.
– Assume that a vague idea is enough. Unless you give your developer a detailed description of what you want from an app, you can’t expect him or her to create exactly what you want. However, a good developer will know how to work the details with you.
These tips will help you find the right people to develop your app or game.