Mobile app marketing can be tricky because it’s different from website and desktop software marketing. Luckily, there are several tips and best practices that will help you get started with mobile app marketing the right way. Here are three of them.
- Learn everything you can about your audience
The key to successful marketing is pitching the right product to the right people in the right way. Just like you wouldn’t market racing bikes to pensioners, you wouldn’t market a U.S. targeted business app to teenagers in Brazil. So, before you start planning your marketing and advertising campaigns, make sure you learn everything you can about your audience and where they come from.
- Focus on the right users
It’s only natural that you’d want to invest into marketing to users who bring you the most value. Start with analyzing the sources your users come from, find the source that brings you users with the highest LTV (lifetime value), and concentrate on marketing there. Also figure out where your most loyal users come from and think how you can reward their loyalty and remarket to them.
- Analyze the right metrics
Mobile marketing can get confusing because there are so many metrics you can track and measure. But you don’t have to track them all. For a start, analyze the following:
- Your users – how many are there and who are the majority
- Time in app – how much time on average they spend using your app
- Sessions – how much time a user spends actively using your app in one go
- Session intervals – how much time passes between your average user’s first and second sessions
Measuring these will help you better understand your app’s usage patterns and create a stronger marketing strategy.